Max effort days- 3 singles above 90%. Don’t get greedy and fail. If you are unsure leave it where it stands and get a new record next time.
take 10-15 mins to do some dynamic & stabilization work for core, back, glutes & hamstrings. Here's some examples, but your body may require different movements, adjust as needed.
- Yoga flow- forward fold, plank, up dog, down dog, low lunge (both sides)
- hip opener (see image for options) *don't overstretch prior to lifting, just some mobility to prime the body
- 30 ab of choice
- 20 body weight only back extensions
- 20 banded goodmornings
- Sumo deadlift work up to 3 heavy singles (3x1)
3 singles above 90%. Don’t get greedy and fail. If you are unsure leave it where it stands and get a new record next time.
Here is a great article about setting up sumo deadlift from Elitefts HERE
- Camber bar GM 5x6 moderate
- Banded hamstring curls 1x100
- 20 mins of:
- 10-12 Rev hypers
- 12 weighted abs
- 10 kb swings
can be done later in the day if time or fatique is an issue
- Sled drag 2x10 mins - moderate
- Banded glute work in between sled trips
- 30 banded donkey kicks each side
- 30 banded glute bridge thrusters (add weight if desired)