Good morning GGB! This Wednesday Recovery and Restoration is focusing on the hips. Hip health is part of the Pillar of Strength (shoulders, core, hips). Take your time on round 1, increase your body awareness and find your threshold but do not push beyond it.
Round 1: Hip flexibility stretches/ Yoga flow
- Goddess to Temple. Hold each position briefly, 4 rounds.
- Beast to Low Lunge. Flow through so that you lunge with each leg 10 times.
- Figure Four. 20 seconds on each side, 2 rounds.
- Quadruped Hip Circle. 10 each side.
- Hip Circle on your back. 10 each side. (video at 2:40). Feel free to use a band to assist in this movement. Place the band on your foot and hold with your same side hand as you move your leg in rotation.
2 Rounds of:
- Wall Squat. 5 times. If this is your first, start with feet about 1 foot from the wall. Gradually move closer until you lose form, find your resistance.
- Goblet squat stretch and hold with a plate. Hold for 1-2 minutes, don't cheat yourself. Remember to push your knees apart with your elbows. You can do this without a plate or substitute another object - kettle bell or for us Gen Xers an unabridged dictionary.
Round 2: TABATA 20:10 8 Rounds
- Banded Donkey Kick Right
- Banded Fire Hydrant Right
- Hip Thrusters
- Banded Donkey Kick Left
- Banded Fire Hydrant Left
Stretch and cool down.