If you are following only the September "Challenge Accepted" workouts, skip the "Main Work" and "Auxiliary" work and move to the "CHALLENGE WORKOUT #7"
Video demonstrations will be posted on our instagram @garagegymbarbell_training
Log your time for "funsies"
3 rounds of:
- "lots" x mini band openers for shoulders
- "lots" x banded shoulder press
- "lots" x banded bicep curls
then, 3 round of:
- 8 burpees
- 8 ball slams
- 15 clean & press *light weight to warm up shoulders
- Bench 6x6 *if you logged your weight from last week, see if you can add 5lbs. If you're unable to add 5lbs, do an "amrap" on your 6th set. *amrap = as many reps as possible
Option 2) for those with limited equipment or beginners
- DB floor press 6x6, on your 6th set do an amrap
then, Pre Workout Warm-up:
- Powercleans 4x6-10 work up in weight to find your working weight to be used in the workout
- Push Press 4x6-10 work up in weight to find your working weight to be used in the workout
Challenge Workout #7
complete 6 rounds of:
- 10 power cleans @60% of your push press 1RM
- 10 push press @60% of your 1RM
- 10 ball slams 20lbs
rest 3-5mins, then 3 rounds of:
- "max effort reps" push ups *rest 40secs between rounds
Power clean: The weight for your power clean is 60% (or lower if needed) of your "PUSH PRESS" 1RM. If you're unsure of your 1RM push press weight, choose a weight that you can get through 10 reps without dropping. You can find this weight during your warm up.
If you don't have access to a barbell and/or weights, substitute with DB power cleans.
Power Clean Video Demonstration HERE
Push Press: The weight for your push press is 60% (or lower if needed) of your 1 RM. If you're unsure of your 1RM, choose a weight that you can get through 10 reps without dropping. You can find this weight during your warm up.
Push Press Video Demonstration HERE
Substitute with DB's if needed
Ball Slams: Use the heaviest weight you have up to 20lbs. If you don't have a slam ball, or a large medicine ball, substitute this movement with plate ground to overheads.